Blog Assignment: Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: Internationally
Ronald McDonald House Charities
The Ronald McDonald House Charities provides a place for families to live when they have children that are hospitalized for seriously illness, critically injured or medically fragile as children are being treated at the hospital. It saves family the expense of paying for a hotel and gas money especially if they live far away. The treatment may last a day, a month, or even longer. It's a long time to be away from home, or to divide a family. Families are stronger when they are together, which helps in the healing process. By staying at a Ronald McDonald House, parents also can better communicate with their child's medical team and keep up with complicated treatment plans when needed. Website: www.rmhccga.org/
Children’s Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) is a charity that provides the only hospice services in Scotland for children and young people with life-shortening conditions. We ask households, schools, businesses, community groups and Charity Champions across the UK to donate clothes and fashion accessories using our official collection bags. Clothes are weighed and sold in shops in nearby countries to raise money for UK charities back home
Child Welfare Information Gateway – Child Abuse & Neglect
Family centered practice focuses on working with the family unit t strengthen family capacity and ensure the best possible outcome for children. It offers resources on child abuse and neglect.
The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville,
· Master's degree in education or human development.
· Expertise in pre-k learning domains and curriculum philosophies.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Three years' experience working with adults and conducting training workshops.
· Three years' experience designing and teaching online classes (Blackboard).
· Three years' working as a preschool teacher.
· Three years' experience coaching and/or mentoring teachers/trainers.
· Experience designing training materials for adults.
· Experience in collecting data and writing research reports.
· Experience as an editor.
· Experience working with deadlines.
· Three years' experience with Microsoft and Word Perfect office suites and Statistical Package for Social Sciences.